Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter Everyone!

It’s me, Skimbleshank’s, back from my foal watch just to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Everything is quiet at the barn, just as it should be, but still no foal. I can take some time now to share one of my favorite delicious recipes. It is a recipe for lemon chicken, and I find it quite tasty. Here it is folks:

Skimbleshank’s Favorite Lemon Chicken Recipe

1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 pound raw chicken pieces

Mix the lemon juice and spices together in a bowl. Take a 8x8x2 inch baking dish (or what ever size you have) treated with a nonstick spray and arrange the chicken pieces skin-side down, if your using chicken with skin, my family uses boneless and skinless chicken because of me…you’ll soon know why. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the chicken. Bake it for 20 minutes, turn the chicken over and baste it using the juice in the pan. Bake it another 15 – 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and no longer pink when you cut along the bone (if it has one). If you have a cat or dog, make sure you use boneless please. It serves 2 – 4 folks, depending especially on how clever your cat is or how lucky your dog might get. My family likes to serve this with brown rice.

Now, as to why my family uses boneless chicken…

One day, during football season during a particularly exciting game, my family jumped up from the table to watch a very important play…and that was my big chance and I took it! Now, I'm not typically allowed to have people food, but there was one piece of lemon chicken left on the table and I sprang into action while everyone had their backs turned! Everyone, that is, except the dog, the stool pigeon. I had to share some with the dog to buy his silence, but he got greedy and wanted more and that is when I started to growl at him. Unfortunately, that was also my undoing. My growls alerted the family and everyone ran back to the table just as I was making off with my prize, dragging lemon chicken across the new vanilla carpet (just installed) in the family room. What a commotion people can make! Anyway, boneless chicken is a real good choice just in case you have me over for dinner.

Here is a cookbook of really great recipes that my family has found. They really enjoy these recipes, and have found hundreds of delicious dishes that I am waiting for my opportunity to sample.
Click Here and learn more about these delicious recipes. My family certainly seems to enjoy them. I may have to wait for football season again before I can steal another chicken breast, but I can be patient.

With this cookbook, you will learn the “Copy Cat” recipes from lots of really great restaurants. You will be able to create dishes just like the award winning creations from Red Lobster, Outback, Appleby’s and many other really cool places to eat. With your copy of the best-selling "America's Most Wanted Recipes" cookbook you will be able to cook dishes like the PROS do in a matter of minutes!

Hope you enjoy the recipes. By the way, El Pollo Loco is a personal favorite of mine…when I can snatch it! Can’t wait for them to cook something from Red Lobster!

Well, back to the barn for now. I’ll talk with you again soon.

Skimbleshanks

No comments: