Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In my last post, I talked about making homemade cat food. Well, here on the farm, we also have dogs. (Every cat should have his own dog, and I’ve got several.)

Now I know why my people make special food for me, after all, I am a CAT. But, they even make special food for the dogs. I guess it is a good thing, because I like my dog and wouldn’t want anything to happen to her.

My folks have tried a lot of different things to ensure the dog has a healthy diet, and they recently came across this book from John Miller. And with the recent scare about pet food, they are sure glad they did.

About 50 years ago, a young dog-fancier, John Miller wanted to improve his dog’s health. After analyzing commercial dog food formulas, he found they were all loaded with unhealthy chemicals.

John developed a better recipe himself and tried it on his own dogs... using healthier ingredients...and had great success.

In his book, he shares over 245 recipes that will help with your dog’s health, improve his performance, and give him a healthy shiny coat. He also provides information to control fleas and ticks and even how to remove skunk odor.

Here are some recipes you will discover in John’s book "Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes":

  • Healthy dog food recipes for young and old dogs
  • Natural recipe to keep flea away
  • Gourmet Biscuit recipes
  • Dozens of recipes for delicious, economical, healthful dog food
  • Treats (Your pet will love you)
  • Dog bones
  • and much, much more.
So if you want some really good information to prepare a good meal for your dog, you owe it to yourself to check John’s book "Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes" out.

Well, that all for now. I've gotta go chase the mice! (Boy do I love being the farm cat!)

Skimble

No comments: